In order to properly flush your hot tub, you must take the following steps:
- Remove the filter, clean using a Filter Cleaner.
- Drain the hot tub, don’t forget to turn the power off.
- Refill hot tub to 1/2 inch above the “high water” mark.
- Add at least 100ppm of Chlorine to the hot tub.*
- Cover the hot tub.
- Circulate the water at a maximum rate of 30-45 minutes.
- While water is circulating, turn the blowers/air on and off every 5 minutes.
- Drain the hot tub.
- While hot tub is draining, rinse the sides several times.
- Clean hot tub with a Surface Cleaner.
- Remove excess water.
- Refill, replace filter, balance, start-up
* In order to deliver 100ppm of Chlorine use the following measurements:
|Ounces per 100 Gallons|
|CalHypo – 65%||2.2|
|Lithium Hyo – 35%||3.8|
|Sodium Dichlor – 56%||2.5|
|Sodium Hypochlorite – 12%||15 fluid oz.|
|Sodium Hypochlorite – 5.25%||35 fluid oz.|