JOB TITLE: Warehouse Person
ACCOUNTABILITY: Inventory Control Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE: open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: E-mail Resume & Salary History to email@example.com or Fax to 503.656.0120
Performs order-receiving functions.
Distributes merchandise to appropriate places.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESA. GENERAL DUTIES
- Receive all shipments. Check packing slips against merchandise received to make sure invoices and packing slips are correct. Sign and date all packing slips and invoices upon check in.
- Turn over packing slips and invoices to the Inventory Control Manager for receiving into the accounting system.
- Barcode all products with no barcode and bag all merchandise with no bag. Put all incoming merchandise away into the warehouse, on retail floor or to remote locations.
- Use transfer module to check out all merchandise leaving warehouse for remote locations, service, and in ground pools.
- Inform Inventory Control Manager of merchandise that may possibly need to be reordered.
- Prepare packages for UPS and common carrier shipping.
B. DELIVERIES & PICK UPS
- Pull hot tubs, above ground pools and accessories for deliveries and customer pick up.
- Follow up with Inventory Control Manager regarding customer deliveries and pickups.
- Fill out pull sheets for above ground pools, in ground pools and hot tubs.
- Write down serial numbers from pumps, heater, filters and other equipment before leaving warehouse. Give serial numbers to Service Manager.
- Return completed paper work to Inventory Control Manager to make corrections as needed.
- Deliveries to remote locations 3 times per week. Pickups and deliveries as needed.
C. HOUSE CLEANING
- All products are put away on shelves or on the mezzanine, isles and pathways are kept free of merchandise.
- Floors, desk tops, isles and recycling area are kept clean and free of clutter.
- Bin locations are clearly marked, merchandise descriptions are visible in order for co workers to easily find merchandise in the warehouse.
D. OTHER GENERAL DUTIES
- Performs regular cycle counting of selected inventory.
- Assists with physical inventory as directed.
- Assists parts customers as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
INTER-RELATIONSHIPSContact with all levels of personnel within company and with clients and vendors.
- Overtime required occasionally.
- Lifting of up to 70 lbs.
- Must be able to work on feet for long periods of time.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION LEVEL
- High school
- Experience with the public
- Experience with inventory control modules of accounting software
- Forklift certified with experience handling merchandise in excess of 500 pounds.
- Excellent math aptitude.
- Clean driving record, current driver’s license
- Experience driving both automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
- Familiar with the Portland Metro area.
- Familiar with bar coding of merchandise.
- Able and willing to work independently and coordinate activities efficiently
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work constructively and cooperatively with peers
- Able to set and meet deadlines
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Have energy and drive